Re: [CQ-Contest] callsigns for wrtc

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] callsigns for wrtc
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 10 Jul 2006 09:07:37 -0500
On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 12:08, w8hc@aol.com wrote:
> It looks like they didn't want to handicap anyone with the "S" or "H" suffix.
>  That just wouldn't work too well on CW following the "5."  Looks like maybe
> the PT5Z was dropped too.

W1AW/4 worked all PT5 and PW5 suffixes *except*:

PT5H PT5S PT5Z
PW5H PW5R PW5S

Hard to believe we would have missed one that was on, as all the ones we
did work we worked on multiple bands.  Not sure why they didn't use
PW5R, I'd sure like to have that call<grin>.

BTW, both during the contest and in the pre-contest warmups, the signals
on 40m CW were almost uncannily equal in strength.  They did a very good
job in matching the stations.  (can't vouch for any other band)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66