Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Radios

To: Mark Steven Williams <K9GX@N4GN.COM>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Radios
From: Scott Manthe <n9aa@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:07:29 -0500
Your reasoning is interesting. Since Yaesu doesn't make the Field
anymore, you decided to go for a rig a generation older for more money?
The FT-1000 is a great rig and I'd probably even pay $2K for a loaded
FT-1000D, but I'd have to treat it nicely because parts are getting hard
to find.

I just bought a perfect, late 2005 manufacture, Mark V Field with a FH-1
for about $1450 to my door. This will have to last me until the bugs get
worked out of the FT-2000 and the reviewers and users give us an idea of
where it stands. Hopefully, the folks at V/S will come to their senses
on price.

73,
Scott, N9AA