Re: [CQ-Contest] 3830 help?

To: Mark Ketchell <k5er@arrl.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 3830 help?
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:50:48 -0700
Hi Mark,

At 02:59 PM 7/11/2006, you wrote:
>I've been reading these reflectors for a while, but am new to posting. On the
>3830, I see *LOTS* of posts that show they came from the "webform at b4h.net".
>With that in mind, rather than send my log in directly, I also used the
>webform
>to submit my log, at about 8PM local on Sunday night. I got a copy of the
>entry
>and also got my confirmation from the robot within minutes. I AM listed on the
>received logs site, but DO NOT show up on the 3830. Did I miss a step, or do I
>need to do something more.

Submitting your log to the contest sponsor and submitting your claimed
score to the 3830 reflector are two different things. They're independent
of each other. You'll notice that at the bottom of all of those e-mails
that came from "webform@b4h.net" is the URL to the forms to use for posting
your claimed score:
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Use the form for the appropriate contest to post your score. Dink, N7WA,
periodically posts a summary of scores posted in this manner (it's automated).

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)