[CQ-Contest] Fw: Is it a time to change rules forHQstnsinIARUcontest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Is it a time to change rules forHQstnsinIARUcontest
From: "Braco OE1EMS" <oe1ems@emssolutions.at>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:21:46 +0200

 germans and some others find the way how to motivate own hamradio
 populations...way not...good idea!
 we in austria dont have dont have so large ham radio population like
 DL´s,SP´s,G´s,F´s.....etc!
 so we are thinking about how to motivte others (DL,SP,G,F...) to work
 us......
 and there are for sure many  posibilities how to do that!
 for us in OE and i am sure also for all other in ZONE 28
 bigest problemm is that most of IARU Contest QSO´s are comming from our
zone
 (28)!
 this means only 1 point pro QSO!
 this is big disadvantage in compare to zone 18,37 or even 27 !
 fair enough will be something like
 1 points for own country
 2 points for own zone
 3 points for other zone
 5 points for DX
 but only in case there is at least one zone between!
 it means zone 30 (ua9) cann´t get 5 points if they work EU´s from zone 29
or
 19!
 or station from zone 37 but in  afrika cann´t get 5 points working EU from
 27 or 28!
 rating for this qso´s shod be 3 points!

 let´s think how to increase activity in contest and not how to reduce it!
 i am sure that some of DL´s, SP´s....etc. when they get on the band
because of the their HQ station will work few others!
 so i dont think so we have to complain about that!

 73 es best dx
 de oe1ems
 braco