Re: [CQ-Contest] My thoughts about IARU and HQ stations

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] My thoughts about IARU and HQ stations
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 10:41:17 -0500
> different things.  Maybe if the contest was advertised as well as some
> of the HQ stations, we can get more people on.  Of course, if the HQ
> stations would just encourage their people to work more stations, that
> would work too.

How about...  we offer an award to anyone who works some number (say,
ten?) of different HQ stations?  Working W1AW on ten band-modes wouldn't
do it, you'd have to work ten different societies.  This would
simultaneously offer an award most HF operators could achieve with
reasonable effort *and* encourage those who get on to work their
country's HQ station to also work other HQ operations.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66