[CQ-Contest] Contester's Meeting at K5NA

To: ctdxcc@kkn.net, tdxs-list@moonbounce.n5iq.org,CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contester's Meeting at K5NA
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:00:44 +0000
The Texas Contester's Meeting is fast approaching. The meeting is at
the K5NA station starting at 1:00PM on Sunday, July 23rd and anyone
remotely interested in contesting is invited to attend.

So far I have heard from the following that they may be coming.

N3BB, K5NA, K5DU (+Joey), AB5K, K5AND, N5TW, NN5O, W5VX, W5ASP, K5GA,
K5TR, AA5VU, K3TD, W5GAI, KV5V (+Pat), K5OT, KG5U, AG5W, AC5AA, N5CQ,
WM5R, W5JEN, NO5W, NM5G, K5NZ, NA4M, W9BF, W5ZL, K5YA, W5YAA
(+Chris), KI5DR (+Chris, Alex, & Victoria).

I am sure there will be others that I haven't heard from. So a good
crowd is expected. See the CTDXCC web site at

http://www.ctdxcc.org/meetings/20060723.shtml for directions to K5NA
and for more details.

We sure hope that we will see you there.

73, Richard - K5NA

DATE/TIME:      July 23, 2006 from 1:00PM until 5:00 PM.

LOCATION:       The K5NA station outside of Austin, TX. Snacks and
soft drinks will be available.

PROGRAMS:       Several informal programs:

    * A station inspection tour and checkout of what's new at the
K5NA station.
    * George Fremin, K5TR, will be back from his participation in the
WRTC Championship in Brazil and will be presenting the high points of
his trip.
    * Terry Gerdes, AB5K, and Tom Whiteside, N5TW, will team up and
host a "show and tell" of tower climbing apparel and a discussion
about how they use their climbing belts, harnesses, and other
climbing hardware.
    * Joe Staples, W5ASP, the W5 Contest Advisory Committee
representative, will be here to discuss current contesting issues.
Joe will be soliciting our input on to take back to the committee.
    * There will be a discussion about the IARU contest, contest
conditions and Texas-area results, as time allows.

DINNER: After the meeting, we will QSY to dinner at Ramos Restaurant,
one of the best Tex-Mex eating spots in Central Texas. The dinner
with be dutch treat.

A conflict from a previous scheduling has developed with their
meeting room and we will not be able to use it. But they assure me
that they will get us all seated in the main restaurant area.

LODGING:        If anyone is driving a long way and wants to stay
over either Saturday or Sunday night, there is a Quality Inn and
Suites Motel in Manor on Highway 290 about 6.5 miles from the K5NA
station. Their phone number is 512-272-9373.