Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU controversy

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU controversy
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 22 Jul 2006 23:35:28 -0500
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 12:28, Hershel Kreis wrote:
> A quick and easy solution to this problem would be simply limiting the
> HQ stations to, say, 100 contacts and then further contacts would be
> zero pointers.  On the other hand, those in the country who make contact
> with their HQ station will still get credit.  In this way, we are only
> limiting the HQ station from benefiting from the "feeding", yet
> encouraging them to make contacts outside of the country to achieve the
> top spot.

I'm afraid this is another proposal that would be ruinous for HQ
stations in countries with many hams that are a long distance from
Europe.  (i.e., USA and Japan)  It would take 2/3 of the QSOs out of the
W1AW/4 log - and we didn't "manufacture" anything.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66