Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers

To: yo3ctk@alltrom.ro, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with modern computers
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:46:11 -0500
For your specific question,  there are available bi-directional parrallel
port to USB converter cables.  one end is USB, the other end is a parrallel
port.

I have had to design band decoders for ICOM, and Yaesu radios, to drive the
419 (sink) and six pack (source) devices.  For Station automation, would
then, for ICOM, convert those band bits back to Yaesu format to feed the LPT
port.

Almost all programs and some external devices will present band data to the
parrallel port or take band data from the parrallel port in Yaesu Format.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF