Re: [CQ-Contest] Icom 746 as contesting rig-now vs TS570SG

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com, CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Icom 746 as contesting rig-now vs TS570SG
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:13:34 -0700 (PDT)
THanks for all of the comments on the Icom 746 and
contesting.  I recently picked one up again after
owning a 746 from 2000-2002, but no hard core
contesting with it back then.

Along a similar line, has anyone compared the 746 to
the Kenwood TS570SG?  Or used the 570 for contesting?
I like the size of the TS570SG a little better-easier
to take mobile and portable for 6 meter roving.  And I
also like the internal voice keyer option on the 570.
I got to play with a 570D for a couple of days last
year, but really couldn't put it thru its paces.

Any comments on how they compare, or on using a TS570
in contesting?

73s John W5TD