Re: [CQ-Contest] K3BU and multi-single

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K3BU and multi-single
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:55:00 -0000
Yuri is right, it happens.

Tree is right, ain't nuttin you can do 'bout it.

As Yuri implies the NIL  rule often discriminates against SOs to the benefit
of MS and MMs. I had a NIL in CQWW a couple of years back from an "offshore"
MM big gun. As it happens I'd just started using WL, and was recording the
whole contest onto CD. I was therefore later able to go back and listen to
the "NIL", it was real! So what happened ? My best guess is that the (
probably tired) op. had doubts as to whether he had my callsign correct (
NJW, NWJ? trust me,it happens all the time) and to avoid the possibility of
a busted callsign penalty just scrubbed me, as he already had the GW mult.
Do I blame him, of course not, it's just an unforeseen consequence of the 3x
penalty rule in that contest.

So, the playing field ain't level, life ain't fair. My SO2R is no match for
a decent antenna system, but it's summat I can do, so I do it. Yuri, I feel
for you, I've been where you are; the righteous often get a raw deal, but I
won't make myself a victim or fret that I am a hostage to fortune, that's
just the way it is.

73

Clive
GW3NJW