Re: [CQ-Contest] ANR headsets

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ANR headsets
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:12:26 -0700
I used the David Clarks for 25 yrs as a Navigator/Radio op in USCG
C-130's.  Good fit and noise canceling.  You will have to use a
different mic than the acft config due to differences in impedances.

Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:

>Peter,
>
>Some of the DXers in my area are using David Clark headsets and think they're
>the ultimate answer.
>
>http://www.davidclark.com/
>
>73 de Bob - K0RC
>

>Message: 10
>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:24:31 -0400
>From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
>Subject: [CQ-Contest] ANR headsets
>To: cq-contest@contesting.com
>
>Hi all,
>
>For the second time in 2 years, my Heil ProSet Quiet Phones have
>developed cord trouble requiring repair. Does anybody know of a
>better ANR headset out there that's actually built tougher and more
>ergonically-sound, into which I could drop a Heil cartridge? I really
>love the Heils electrically, but design-wise they're just not for me.
>I'm wondering what types of ANR headsets are in use in the b'cast
>industry (say, for use in a noisy football stadium, etc)? Money isn't
>really an object here - quality is. Any thoughts? Or should I just
>buy 3 sets of Heils and rotate through them!
>

>Cheers,
>
>Peter,
>W2IRT

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org