[CQ-Contest] My take [was: SO1R vs. SO2R & Contesting in theDaylight]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] My take [was: SO1R vs. SO2R & Contesting in theDaylight]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
There is much conjecture as to what impacts score more
than other things: RF Output, Operator Count, Radio
Count, ERP, contesting time, etc.  At some point, one
must abandon the urge to "slice it any thinner"
because we'll get wrapped around the axle discussing
2.3-kHz filters vs. 1.8-kHz filters. :)

I'm of the opinion that we need to reexamine premade
categories and virtualize them based on station
configuration relative to you as a competitor.  Simply
said: stations that are configured like you are your
peers.  The trick is in knowing who they are.  Those
that can break into the "overall top 10" are those who
have maximized all aspects of the sport and need no
further sub-categorization. :)

I'd like to thank those who have chimed in on the
topic.  Lots of folks have learned plenty as a result.

Ev, W2EV