Re: [CQ-Contest] Dr. Bafoofnik

To: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dr. Bafoofnik
From: "Robert King" <w3gh@kiski.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:01:43 -0400
Zack,

Spike is alive and well residing in Las Vegas, NV.  I just had a phone call
from him and he is spending his leasure time
at the blackjack table proving more lucrative than contesting.  He and I
spent about ten years contesting together as Multi-op
in many contests each fall and winter.  Burning the candle at both ends took
its toll on us.  He retired from contesting but I
still manage  6-8 each season.  If you have a dr. Bafoofnik cap, hang on to
it. Rumor has it that they are now selling
on e-bay for x amount of shekels!  Also, one is in the Smithsonian right
next to Mr. Rogers sweater.

Green Hornet aka W3GH Bob

> Now that you mention it, I haven't heard from Spike in some time, either.
> Hopefully he's OK. Maybe he's a lurker here now?
>
> 73, Zack W9SZ
>

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Robert B Vallio wrote:
>
> > While cleaning out some collected piles of stuff, I found a cap with the
name
> > Dr. Bafoofnik embroidered on it.  I remember meeting the good doctor at
Dayton several times, and until running across this cap I had not realized
that I had not seen him for some time, the last being when he gifted me with
said cap.  I believe Dr. Bafoofnik was Spike, W9XR ( call may be wrong, I'm
afraid), and I recall he had great fun with the name.  Can anyone tell me
what has become of the good doctor?