[CQ-Contest] Fantasy Radiosporting [was: Are you ready for somefootball?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fantasy Radiosporting [was: Are you ready for somefootball?]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt@arrl.net> wrote:
> I think what we need is a Fantasy Contest league.
> Draft your favorite
> contesters for your multi-op, assign them bands, and
> compute scores based on
> their 3830 entries after each contest.

Yes!  In fact, when I was the Contest Chairman for the
Rochester VHF Group in the 1980's I worked on a system
whereby team captains were chosen and each member of
the club was assigned a "value" based on their average
January VHF SS score from the past two years.  Each
captain had a budget to draft a team with.  Teams
would then compete against each other -- to the
benefit of the Rochester VHF Group.

I envisioned how teams would help eachother assemble
their stations (more bands, more power, better
antennas, etc).  Alas, I never got a chance to make it
happen, but thought that might be well received if it
ever were.

Ev, W2EV

Do You Yahoo!?
CQ-Contest mailing list