[CQ-Contest] SO2R technique - Summary and thanks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technique - Summary and thanks
From: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:59:11 +0000
Many thanks to all who responded to my question.  A good many of these were
direct to me.   The responses where detailed, comprehensive and reflected a
spirit of wanting to mentor a fellow contester.

'nuf said.  I do want to share what I've learned without putting anyone on
the spot, so I'd like to just summarize:

1)  It is more important to quickly work the station(s) on the second radio
than to worry about interupting the CQ.  However, you can avoid this by
having multiple CQ messages and using the short one during call attempts.
Perhaps nothing more than 'N7ZG test'  with 'test' sent at high speed.  It
has also been suggested that auto cq be disabled.  Hit the F1 key with your
left while tuning with the right hand.

2) In order to protect the run freq, use the features in your logging
software to send this short message while you are awaiting a response from
the station on radio 2.

If I've missed anything, feel free to reply to the list.

73 - Guy, N7ZG