Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP
From: lew <lew@dsl-only.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:15:28 -0700
B. Scott Andersen wrote:

>Pete (N4ZR) had two interesting points: one in jest and one more
>serious. The one in jest concerned scoring. Actually, there is some
>merit to the idea that working weak signal stations _should_ be worth
>more to the big gun station. We've got computers doing all the log
>checking, cross-checking, and score computations already. It wouldn't
>be difficult to make that change to the programs, it seems to me.
>NOTE: I'm not suggesting we do this to any existing contest! I'm just
>agreeing that it is an interesting idea, whether made in jest or not.
  Yo Contesting Mavins,
       The Stew Perry TopBand Challenge, sponsored by The Boring Amateur
Radio Club, already has this forward thinking
concept in action, along with a scoring mnemonic that rewards a station
for more distance and other advances. Just don't sign /QRP as that will
 a monetary fine, a 15 yard penalty or a free kick.  Rules for this
year's edition are at:
      Negotiate your time for this DXing experience with your loved ones
now. It'll be held Dec 30/31 and will cheer up that
holiday humdrum. This year's edition, at the current sun spot nadir, has
the potential to be the best one yet!  It's a CW only test, so you
SSB boys and girls and others have a few months to get started brushing
up on the code.
    73 and I remain,
    Lew   W7EW/W7AT
    The Boring Amateur Radio Club Propaganda Czar

CQ-Contest mailing list