Re: [CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:43:05 -0500

> Nick, UT2UZ said:
>> There's no time in contests to listen.
> And that, my friends, is the problem.

To me, that's akin to saying there's no time for operating properly, and I
just don't believe that's the case.

There are dozens of ways even top-performing stations 'lose' a few seconds
here or there, so saying there's no time to listen first -- something that's
been part of the amateur code of conduct since there's been amateur radio --
is just an excuse for poor procedure.

And if there's no time to listen, how do you copy the stations calling you?

73, kelly
CQ-Contest mailing list