Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Radio as Carry-On Luggage?
From: Dennis Ashworth <K7FL#ARRL.NET@host4.thehostgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:40:14 -0700
I went through a TSA checkpoint with my Vibroplex paddles last year.
Of course there was a discussion as the TSA guys tried to make sense
of the image on their screen ... and finally a guy pulled the
Vibroplex from my brief case and began to ask what it was ...
interrupted himself with a big smile and said "I haven't seen one of
these in 20 years!". He apparently used one in the Navy. Made me feel
very old! Most folks wouldn't have a clue. I take a lot of stuff
through TSA checkpoints and don't even try to explain what it is ...
they usually swap for explosives and away I go. Of course, times are
changing so who knows what kind of scrutiny next week may bring.

Dennis, K7FL/5H2DA

==