Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 45, Issue 35

To: KO1H <KO1H@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 45, Issue 35
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:46:20 +0000 (GMT)
>>The answer I get from
CQ is what do you want to sponcer?
But The question posed is WHAT is there to sponcered?
I know this is about SS but My local club applies to it ALL contests.
Just where do we draw the line..?

John ko1h
<<
CQ is open to donors as to what they want to SPONSOR. They establish price of
the plaques that they provide (nice and uniform) and you can select what
category you would like to reward, close to your heart.
Look at the list of current plaques and categories and decide what you would
like to support and promote. Contact
CQ (K1AR) and tell them your choice. You would send the money to them and they
will take care of making the plaque and mailing it. This way they ensure that
they are done and mailed, as demonstrated by the recent postings.
ARRL might have selected categories they would like to have plaques for, they
list them, and as posted, ICOM would provide and pay for those that are vacant.
So there are different ways different sponsors handle the plaques and trophies.
You need to look at the particular contest, it's rules and categories and
contact sponsor with your wish.
You can for example even sponsor trophy for the most handicapped person on the
reflector, or for one that needs category for himself, or even get one engraved
for yourself for your latest achievement in the contest and category of your
choice.
73,

Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU