Re: [CQ-Contest] f/B Antenna ratios - reception

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] f/B Antenna ratios - reception
From: "Jukka Klemola" <jukka.klemola@elisanet.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:14:03 +0300
>Thanks so much for the response. OK, so I really need to start looking
>getting a higher tower.
>By the way, Delaware is a VERY flat area. I think the highest point in
>county is 30 feet above sea level. The rest of us are at 29.

Recipe for reaching Eastern Europe from Delaware:
Rods and copper (or Aluminum) as high as possible.
Amount of aluminium is less important than height.

Power is as important as height.

Dollars invested should be 1:3 in favour for the height.
Real estate price not included in this equation.
Rods and copper cost is also extra.

When planning and investing, make sure you focus also the wife strategy
outlined by K1IR in an appropriate manner.

jukka OH6LI

CQ-Contest mailing list