[CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
Depends on where you are looking... Contestors always were a small fraction of
total hams...  The contest calendar I just looked at shows multiple contests
51 weekends a year...The Stu Perry is the new kid on the block and is going up
in log count... TOEC last weekend sounded busy to me... The sprints seem to be
gaining popularity.. Both ARRLDX and CQWW seem to be showing solid log counts,
even at the bottom of a cycle...

denny / k8do