[CQ-Contest] Trending contest activity

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Trending contest activity
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:24:28 +0000 (GMT)
Interesting thread and numbers.? I like the suggestion of tracking scores.?
Looking at mults wouldn't hurt either.? One caution.? Be sure to compare apples
to apples in terms of SFI.That is, look at activity which is in 11 year? blocks
(~2006 to ~1995 or so).? The CQWWDX "handbook" had a plot like that (as I
recall) and there is a pretty correlation between sfi and activity (number of
logs).As for VHF/UHF, as an HF contester, I tried it maybe 20 years
ago...rather slow, kinda boring unless you get really psyched by tiny openings
which are "cool" by some measure.? On a band like 2m, you have to be a CQ
machine and hope to snag the casual Sunday morning types who make "one pass
across the band" and turn the rig off.? Compared to HF, you sure do a lot of
CQing with relatively very little return.? I just felt like I was rev'ing at
8,000 rpms but only moving at 5kph.? Im sure things may have changed
dramatically in the last quarter century.? LOL.de Doug KR2Q