[CQ-Contest] N3SH Bonus Stations in the Pa QSO Party

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N3SH Bonus Stations in the Pa QSO Party
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:22:07 -0500 (CDT)
I'm a touch surprised that this question has come up now, as it has been
discussed multiple times on the Pa QSO reflector, and I believe I've mentioned
it here from time to time to.

The N3SH Bonus Stations will be operating from the following 7 counties:

Allegheny (3 sites, 1 SSB/VHF, 1 CW, 1 RTTY & PSK-31)
Butler
Clarion
Fayette
McKean
Venango
Washington
+ N3SH/Mobile from multiple additional counties

The "primary" operations, Allegheny, Fayette, and Washington, are each expected
to have at least two stations QRV at all times.  The "secondary" operations
(the others) are each expected to have at least one station QRV at all times.

Each location will ID with their county -- ie N3SH Allegheny on phone, N3SH MCK
on CW, etc. -- so that other contesters looking for the (200 point per QSO!)
bonus stations will know which one is which.

We are aware that some software packages have difficulties with a multi-county
operation like this.  I have previously suggested that contesters using these
packages log the various N3SH stations as "rovers" to get around the software
limitations... but I've been blasted for doing so by so many who reacted only
to that line without reading the entire post that at this point, I make no such
suggestions.  Since this is NOT the first time this was done in the contest
(the W3UU Bonus Station in 2003 did the same thing, though from fewer locations
I belive), it shouldn't be a big surprise.

Good luck, & hope to see you in the contest this weekend!

73, ron w3wn