Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics

To: LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad <la5he@otterstad.dk>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Phonetics
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 15:13:11 +0000
> Waht is wrong with using internationally recognised phonetics like the>
> ICAO-alphabet ?> > Alfa, Bravo ................ ?> > > 73 Rag LA5HE

The argument against using the internationalized phonetics seems to be
increased time to use vs. other wording.  This is offset somewhat by a higher
rate of repeats.

Perhaps one way to solve this conundrum is to use good judgment.  If you work a
non-domestic callsign, use the the international phonetics.

73 - Guy, N7ZG