Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB Sections in SS

To: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB Sections in SS
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:52:19 -0700

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:05:21 -0700, George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>

>I think the best answer to you question is that you should use
>what works best.  Not every section is the same.  As WM5R said
>'South Texas' works better when you have to say it 2000+ times
>than 'Sirrea Tango X-ray'.  This will not be true for each section
>or for that matter for each opererator.

Keep in mind that the "Sierra Tango X-ray" phonetics were developed by
the ICAO for use between aircraft and control towers in lands where
English was NOT the native language. The phonetics were chosen to be
most easily understood by non-English speakers. "South" and "Texas"
are probably better for domestic contests, but I'd go with ICAO for DX

Bill, W6WRT
CQ-Contest mailing list