Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY contest software

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY contest software
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:32:17 -0500
Plus it's one less thing to lug along, get lost, or break on a DXpedition.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:43:32 -0700
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
To: "Gary Jones" <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>
Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:10:53 -0500, "Gary Jones"
 <garyejones@cmaaccess.com> wrote:

>I am looking for advice on the software that I should consider. I do not
>do sound-card RTTY? I use a HAL DXP-38 FSK box as I think that its
>performance is far superior to soundcard programs that I have used, so
>the software needs to fully control the DXP-38.

FWIW: I have compared the DXP-38 against MMTTY using two separate
computers with the same audio feed and MMTTY wins hands down,
especially in digging weak signals out of the noise.

Time to put the '38 on the shelf. It was fine in its era, but time has
passed it by.

Bill, W6WRT
CQ-Contest mailing list