[CQ-Contest] CQ WW rules, typo?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW rules, typo?
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 06:20:29 -0500
Hi all,

I got a feeling, it has been touched in the list but I missed it...
Is there really a typo in the rules concerning SO group or something new?

III. Single Operator Cathegories. ...
A. Single band cathegories. Single band or all band; only one signal allowed
at any one time; the operator may change bands at any time.
1. Single Operator High: Those stations at which one person performs all of
the operating, logging, and spotting functions. The use of DX alerting
assistance of any kind places the station in the Single Operator Assisted

B. Single Operator with DX Spotting Net: Same as III A 1 except the passive
(self- spotting not allowed) use of DX spotting nets is allowed.

To make a long story short. Is the "Assisted" cathegory now called, "Single
Operator with DX Spotting Net" but not "Assisted" anymore, while the
reference to "Assisted" in the ch.1 is just a typo, i.e. people simply did
not update it to the new cathegory name?

The word "Assisted" can be found in the text only once...

The answer looks obvious, just wannabe purist...

Vladimir VE3IAE

CQ-Contest mailing list