Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Points in CQWW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Points in CQWW
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:16:55 -0400
> At 03:50 AM 10/21/2006, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
>> Don´t complain! Inside NA at least you get 2 points per QSO, inside >> all
>> other continents each QSO only gives 1 point. >> Fair?, no not IMO. Since
>> it´s a worldwide competition scoring rules >> should be uniform.

  Jan.. that is true but you have many more stations to work in EU at one point
per QSO than we do in the USA at 2 points per QSO.  There might be at the most
100 stations on in the Carribean/Central America and maybe about the same from
Canada. You have thousands of stations to work in EU.

 With a poor propogation forecast for next weekend's CQWW SSB you will at least
have people to work while those of us in the US will have hours of calling
endless CQ's or not working everyone at all...

Jeff KU8E