Re: [CQ-Contest] HAL-DXP38 vs MMTTY

To: Rex Maner <k7qq@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HAL-DXP38 vs MMTTY
From: k8gt@twmi.rr.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:06:03 -0400
Everyone seems to be missing the obvious reason why MMTTY didn't work
as well as the HAL-DXP38, and that is the soundcard.  Don't use the one
on the motherboard, in fact, get a decent one with at least 96kHz
sampling rate.  I found a Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Surround
Channels, 96 kHz SR for about $30US online.  Now if I can only find a
Linux driver for it.  :-(  Otherwise I'll have to run Winbloze.  :-(  :-
(

73, Gerry  K8GT