|Subject:||[CQ-Contest] zero pointers|
|From:||"Tim Goeppinger" <email@example.com>|
|Date:||Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:56:01 +0000|
The zero pointers are a strange artifact of the CQWW rules.|
To the Big Guns I say:
1. Call CQ DX/VE to scare off newbies who think they are doing you a favor with
a stateside QSO. I hate to say before there was an internet to read the rules, that
I fell into that category in my foolish youth.
2. When QSO rates are extremely low, to allow zero pointers to work you. I think
there is no better advertising than to make a QSO. A zero pointer QSO might get the attention
of a 3 pointer for the big gun. I think this happened this weekend after I made a zero pointer
with a Big Gun, another station gave the Big Gun a call right away.
To the Little Pistol S&Pers out there (like me) I say:
1. Don't call the same Big Gun for zero points on every band. Call K3LR on one band,
W3LPL on another and AA3B on a 3rd band.
2. Realize that they are doing you a huge favor. Only call the Big Gun when they sound
bored. Never call when they have a pileup or a run going.
3. Try to get zones 3, 4, 5 from the VE's.
Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more?then map the best route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
_______________________________________________ CQ-Contest mailing list CQ-Contest@contesting.com http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|