Re: [CQ-Contest] It Is What It Is

To: PaulKB8N@aol.com, steve.root@culligan4water.com,CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] It Is What It Is
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:03:29 -0800 (PST)
Isn't the WRTC an attempt at a level playing field?

If you really want to see a non-level playing field,
look at some of the VHF contest.  I am sure the level
of activity is very different in New England than it
is in Southwest Oklahoma, where you can go for hours
at a time without hearing a new station on 2m to work.
 I was surprised how different the activity was here
from the upper midwest, when I moved here in 2001 from
Iowa.

I think we need a WRTC for VHF contests, so the 1 land
guys understand what we have to put up with out here.

73s John W5TD