[CQ-Contest] K3KU SS CW funny story #1

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K3KU SS CW funny story #1
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:46:54 -0500
Don't know if there will be a story #2.

I few years ago, when I got active again after a long absence, I remarked that
one of the differences in SS was that everybody now has the same call sign.
Here's a case in point.

In the Sunday scramble for "fresh meat", I was in a little low-band pile up for
a 9-land station (call sign omitted here to prevent people from fixing their
logs).  He came back to "ku2?", and listened for the full call.  Well, "ku2?"
is usually close enough to "k3ku" for me to dump in my call, but I was getting
used to being last in line, so I just listened.  Sure enough, there was ku2n.
And also ku8e.  So the 9-lander acknowledged one ku# call sign (I'm not even
sure which one), and sent his report.  And some ku# (both??) sent a report
back.  And 9-lander QSLed, and did a QRZ, and I called again.  But one of the
other ku#'s was still there, asking "sect??".  So the 9-lander sent his
section, and the remaining ku# QSLed and sent a report.  The 9-lander seemed a
bit confused ("Who DID I work??"), but QSLed "again" and stood by for calls
again.  I did get him then, but I wonder which of the other ku#'s is in his log?

Only threehundredsixty-some days to SS CW 2007.

73, Art K3KU