Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes: Should Ibe penalized forgettingmylicense i

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes: Should Ibe penalized forgettingmylicense in 2000?
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:43:25 -0600

> I was actually told by someone in ARRL once that the check is
> just a number and they don't really care if it is in fact the
> year you were first licensed or not, as long as you stick
> with the same number for that contest. I have a feeling that
> e-mail was lost, though, when I had a hard drive crash a
> couple years ago.
>
> I think most people stick with the year they were first
> licensed, though.
> I do.
>
> 73, Zack W9SZ

Well, Zack, I heard that as soon as you are licensed, the check is made a
part of your permanent record.  You know, the one that dogs your trail since
junior high school.  It's that big, thick folder the cops on Law & Order
slap down on the table in front of the suspect in the interrogation room and
then say something like "You killed 37 people AND you used a check different
than any you had used before in SS CW ."

You don't want to go messing with your check.

73,
Dale, kg5u