[CQ-Contest] KB1H DXSpider Node and port assignment

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KB1H DXSpider Node and port assignment
From: "Dick Pechie" <kb1h@myeastern.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 09:49:35 -0500
HI All -

Quite sometime ago I made the necessary changes to allow ports 23 and 25 access
to the DXSpider node at KB1H. Just connecting to dxc.kb1h.com worked. I had
users whose ISP or firewall did not allow for odd ports such as 7300.

My ISP recently changed hands and the new company will not allow ports 23 and
25 throughput on their system. You must be a commercial customer as these are
usually ports used in FTP, etc. They need my money I guess but I need it more.

After much arguing and explaining that I have provided a "free" worldwide
service which has been accessible for many years the company (Metrocast)
refuses to open these ports for me.

Please specify port 7300 when trying to log in (connect dxc.kb1h.com port
7300). I know I have lost a number of users who think I went away and I have
been able to contact a few to get them the word of this change.

January 2007 will be the 20th year of the KB1H Node. I can't believe it has
been that long but what changes have happened!

Good DX and please use the node.

73 and thanks
Dick - KB1H

Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

24/7 Webcam Link on the website

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300