[CQ-Contest] DX Windows

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX Windows
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 05:59:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Personally, I have no problem with the DX window being used in SS if the
frequency is clear before CQing just like I think that the 14300 frequency is
up for grabs if it is unused when tuned across.  I wonder how long the stretch
of 3800 - 3790 will have any value after 12/15 anyway.  I don't think it will
be of any use then...will someone appoint themselves the "decision maker" of
the next DX window?

Also, on a contest like 160M, if I am CQing in the DX window, aren't I looking
for DX contacts?  If a US op answers my CQ in the DX window, isn't it the
answering op who is violating the DX window, not me who is intentionally
looking for some DX mults there?  It seems pretty silly in a contest to reserve
5khz for DX stations alone to CQ looking for stateside contacts.  Wouldn't you
love that right on 40M SSB in CQ WW?

Ed  N1UR