Re: [CQ-Contest] MIDCARS

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MIDCARS
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:41:29 -0600
>> question is why is it the Midcars net goes from 0900 - 1400
>> hrs Eastern Time. this is 5 hours long. I know of no other

Actually they list MIDCARS Net
     7.258 9 am - 5 pm daily

http://www.qsl.net/arcars/nets.htm

What is more interesting is there are two FCC complaints against two Midcars
net controller issued June 1, 2006. In both complaints the FCC letter states

"Enclosed is a copy of a complaint filed against the operation of your
station as net control of the MIDCARS net. The complaint alleges deliberate
interference as a result of starting the net on top of existing
communications on 7.258 MHz on April 29, 2006. The recordings referenced in
the complaint will be made available to you upon request."

http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2006/0630.html?nc=1

It appears that the FCC doesn't think they own the frequency. I wonder if a
contestant could make a complaint to the FCC is they wished too :)

Syl

Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK