[CQ-Contest] Late logs

To: n2ic@arrl.net, cq-contest@contesting.com, aa5b@arrl.net
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Late logs
From: BruceAA5B@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:44:37 EST
N2IC writes:
>What would you say about a perennial top-10 finisher in
>Sweepstakes who year-after-year submits his log after
>the published deadline ?   He/she is always a few days late,
>yet his submission is always accepted.

>Is the log submission deadline just another 55 MPH speed
>limit?   When should a submitted log be rejected, assuming
>there are no extenuating circumstances ?

Having been the beneficiary of an extension once upon a time, I'm all for
bending the deadline rules once in awhile for extenuating circumstances. But
repeated late submission is a sign of arrogance (I'm a big gun, you can wait
for
me!) that should be dealt with somehow.

BTW, I noticed that WP3R was not listed on the final "logs received" page at
the ARRL website until today (a couple days after everyone else). Is that who
you're talking about?

    -Bruce AA5B