[CQ-Contest] Doing our best?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Doing our best?
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:47:03 -0500
K0HB replies to N5OT, saying: "And here I thought we were all trying to "do our
best" --- silly me!"

Well, no.  People have all sorts of different motivations.  Some are out to
maximize their fun.  Some are out to do the absolute best they can.  Some are
out to beat the others.  And some are out for various combinations.

(Competition is not always healthy.  I've seen too many people who think that
they are successful competitors when they find somebody they can beat, or find
some thing at which they can beat the competition.  Then again, maybe "maximum
fun" is not always healthy.  :>)  )

73, Art K3KU