Re: [CQ-Contest] The Humor of it all....

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Humor of it all....
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:30:01 -0000
This 'thread', whatever 'thread' means, I always thought it was what my
mother and wife used to sew with, at any rate, this thread and it's side
threads have become entirely to serious. What we need is a contest to
relieve the tension. Since there is no big one on the horizon let's make
one.  There is an operating event in 2 weeks that I would venture to guess
most of you reading this do not have the equipment, or skills to participate
in. We need to take a break from all these high, lofty, clouds and come back
down to basics, if just for a few hours. Participate in Straight Key Night.
Some of these top tenners, whose stuff apparently don't stink, need to have
a humbling experience and in this hobby there is nothing more humbling than
a straight key. Why not prove how much of a 'top tenner' you really are by
showing everyone you know your A, B, C's. In other words you know, by hand,
how to send something other than 5NN. This next part will scare the
be-geebers out of some folks but turn your computer off for a night, turn
your amp off for a night, log on a sheet of paper, set your own goals, and
send Morse code the old-fashioned way, by hand with a straight key(if you
even can).
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

MAL
N7MAL