[CQ-Contest] Fw: SS Off Time Calculations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: SS Off Time Calculations
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:51:02 -0600
Bruce,

Excellent response, OM.  Thanks.  I can't argue with your points at all.  I
didn't realize it was a "28" minute break that was the issue, and I guess
then maybe things are more consistent than I thought, and for that, Bruce et
al, I apologize.

The thing I was talking about with clipping a few QSOs off the end of a
break to lengthen it out to 30 minutes would not be okay for 28 or less.  I
was only thinking of the "it was an honest mistake" scenario (i.e. QSOs at
1801 and again at 1831).  Only.  I did not realize that both NAQP and SS
were handing that one out as a freebie already.  If you really do have only
28 complete minutes where no QSOs are logged and try to call that a break,
you're just being careless and you deserve whatever you get.

73 - Mark, N5OT