Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging software history

To: "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>,"'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging software history
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:52:05 -0000
Don't forget the MM Logger, not to be confused with the N1MM Logger.  The MM
Logger was one that I wrote based on source that K1EA gave me from CT.  It
was DOS based, and first available in the fall of 1989.  It ran a
multi-multi station from one computer with dumb terminals at each station
for logging, and mm-3 keyers to generate cw from a serial port.  When used
here it ran in a 386dx/24mhz with 4meg of RAM and 18 com ports.  We had 6
logging terminals, 6 mm-3 keyers, 1 outside the shack terminal for watching
the goings on, and a packet tnc connection.  Besides a CT compatible bin
file it kept a running log in a text file that included received and sent dx
spots, and a running printed log, all in real time.  It is still available
on my web site, though more for curiosity than anything else.  Some of the
features of it found their way into the N1MM Logger, including the callsign
checking capability that uses a set of rules to check callsign validity, and
some of the M/M station status information.  Some of the capability also got
rolled back into CT, in particular the use of DigiBoard shared interrupt
multiple serial port boards.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net