Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Accuracy

To: W4ZW <w4zw@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Accuracy
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:03:17 -0500
On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:24 AM, W4ZW wrote:

>  I tried using a pencil with RUFZ and discovered that my
> accuracy did improve, but not enough to give up the wonderful
> advantage of
> computer logging.

Sorry for responding to an old message.

If your typing ability is the problem -- why not just learn how to
type? It's a skill, like CW, and can be learned with practice. There
are several software products that can be used to improve your typing
skill.

To be effective, you should be able to type about twice the speed of
the CW you are trying to copy. (That rule of thumb pre-dates
computers by many years)

I can type about 80-100 wpm, so I have no trouble keeping up with my
top CW speed. (which is pretty pitiful by comparison)

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901