[CQ-Contest] Amplified headphones

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Amplified headphones
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:32:09 -0800
Hi All

A few months ago (right after SS SSB) I posted a query about amplified
headphones for people (me) wearing hearing aids.  It seemed it was just
getting harder and harder to copy those callsigns.  I got lots of good
answers and some good suggestions.  Also found that there are a lot of
people out there besides me wearing them.

The problem with the Heil headset I have was that when I put them on, the
hearing aids would squeal, or not be loud enough.  Gets very frustrating.

Well, this Christmas my sweet wife bought me a pair of Radio Shack 900 Mhz
cordless headphones, and boy, they have opened a new world of contesting.  I
can use them with or without the hearing aids on by turning the headphones
up or down.   It really makes hearing those weak signals a whole bunch
easier.  You can also take a potty break and still keep an eye on your run
frequency :-)  If you have a hearing problem, this could really make things
a lot better.  73 and HNY!
Tom W7WHY