[CQ-Contest] Amplified headphones

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Amplified headphones
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:52:14 -0800 (PST)
Tom,
  Just a thought for the future - and we have discussed this before... Noise
cancelling headsets are like a whole new world...  I have brought my Lightspeed
ANC sets home from the airplane and used them... You suddenly have to turn the
radio audio way down because it is too loud once the low frequency noise in the
shack is gone... The downside is that I have to keep looking at the panel on
the amp becasue I can't hear if it is keying or not...

  Now, these headsets are a bit expensive and I doubt I could do a 48 hour
contest with mine because of the ear cup compression needed for aircraft use...
 If I were going to use mine for a long contest I would rig up a reverse clamp
across the headband to reduce the clamping pressure...  There are less costly
noise cancelling headsets out there, and ones that don't clamp the head as
tightly...

  denny / k8do