Re: [CQ-Contest] Where will NAQP SSB be?

To: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>,"cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where will NAQP SSB be?
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:20:57 -0500
An interesting question - impacted by the breadth of the subbands allocated
each license class.

First, spots above 3.850 are congested with both pig farmers and nets.  With an
extra 150 KHz of room for Extras an extra 50 KHz of room for even Generals, I
think there is little reason to go above that point any more.

I would think that we'd see a lot of actvity in two points - just above 3.800
to capture Generals - and around 3.700 to capture any advanced ops and the
extras.

On the other hand, folks may gravitate very low in the band (i.e., 3625) since
a lot of average hams may in the future decide to cut their 75/80 meter
antennas to be resonant around 3.550 to allow for a good SWR spread in both the
CW subbands and the low end of the SSB extra band.

73 Rich NN3W