Re: [CQ-Contest] 28 Mhz in CW NAQP

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 28 Mhz in CW NAQP
From: "Gerard Lynch" <gerrylynch@freenetname.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:06:40 -0000
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>

>  Don't forget to check after dark as well. Many of us tend to forget about
> 20/15/10 meters when it gets dark and those bands are usually dead.<

The only serious opening from here in ARRL 10 this year started around 1600
on Saturday (just after sunset) and lasted until well after 2000 with
sustained Es to Italy and the Balkans.

The period after sunset is often perfect for Sporadic E.  Worth keeping an
ear on although we're now coming well off the midwinter peak.

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."