Re: [CQ-Contest] Possible LQP Awards Caveat - Suggestions Welcomed

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Possible LQP Awards Caveat - Suggestions Welcomed
From: K6VVA LQP HQ <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:18:48 -0800
The LQP (Locust QSO Party) is tonight, Wednesday, 1/17/06, at 6PM (PST).

I awoke this morning in an almost state of panic when I realized a
potential LQP Awards Caveat exists.  The LQP Rules Version 4 modified at
3:00PM and posted to http://www.k6vva.com/lqp highlights the unique
situation (in RED text).

So, I'm "polling" members of the Contesting Community "Brain Trust" for
ideas, suggestions and thoughts for a fair & reasonable solution.  As
Sponsor,  I will make the Final Decision, (the proverbial "buck stops with
me"),  but considering the short time involved, most likely not until after
the event.

Here's the new issue:  Since there is only ONE NCJ Subscription available
as an Award per each of the 7 categories, what happens if "tied" Total
Point scores are submitted in one or more Categories?  Hmmm...a couple of
thoughts that crossed my mind were:

1. Flip a Quarter  (this can work, but not if more than 2 tied scores in a
Category)

2. Come up with a Tie-Breaker Question to be answered (about Contesting, of
course).

3. Roll the dice.

4. Have a mini-Lotto Drawing and pick the lucky callsign out of a hat.

5. Have an "LQP SHOOT-OUT" follow-up event for the "tied" participants.

6. Pray Harder for an answer!

7. Flee the Country to a Remote DX Location :-)

In other words, "HELP!!!"  Please send any ideas, suggestions, or SOLUTIONS
to lqp50@k6vva.com for review.

The situation of "tied" scores may not even occur...it was an "overlooked"
contingency, but I'd rather get it on the table now rather than after the
fact.  "Who would-a thunk such a possibility *might* happen?"  Umh,
me...but not until today ;-(

Tnx much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA

P.S. One other thought was if an NCJ issue was 20 pages and there were 4
tied winners, each would get 5 pages of the magazine, but that didn't seem
practical :-)