Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R questions

To: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R questions
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:50:55 -0600
Dave, what I was trying to describe is that I call CQ in the Sprint (only
the Sprint) with "F7" inactive-band radio CQs and use the "active band"
radio to find stations signing so I can call them in the S&P position of TR
to begin a two-QSO couplet. The F7 CQs are a "filler" taking up time while
I search for someone to call. That way I get the best of all worlds; I am
calling CQs and also am seeking a station to call to begin a two QSO
couplet. It's more efficient. That's what I was trying to explain. This
entire procedure is valid only for the Sprint since one cannot remain on a
CQ frequency after one QSO.

Otherwise, in all other contests, I would be calling CQ and running
stations on the active-band radio on a run frequency and using the
inactive-band radio to locate stations on another band to call with the
"ALT D" feature in S&P mode.

All this is "TR-Log Speak."

Jim N3BB