Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting 10 years from now

To: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>,"cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contesting 10 years from now
From: Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:45:58 -0500
Actually, as #1 is concerned, i think things are not as bleak as you think.

The top scoring U.S. team from this year's WRTC features one guy who is 35
(N2NL) and one guy who is 27 (N6MJ) - give or take a year.  Dan and Dave
regularly fight it out for top billing in the Sprints.

I've obviously been quite active - at 33 - with one win (2005 ARRL DX) and
waiting on the CQWW results.

KL9A is still in college, and has been not only a WRTC 2006 member but also an
outstanding participant at "The Timmy".  Chris is also a consummate CW op and
top 10 finisher in many tests.

KL2A, N3CA, WM3T, KU5B, NI1N, and others are also very active with KL2A and
NI1N being real barn burners recently (Tom was #2 in the assisted category for
SS - falling a bit short of K7RL).  Neither of them are over 40.

So, buck up campter.  There is more life out there.  My #1 concern is going to
be with the overall activity level in CW tests, as opposed to contests in
general.

73 Rich NN3W