Re: [CQ-Contest] Changing categories

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Changing categories
From: g.m.mcadams@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:45:44 +0000
Rick,

Speaking as a casual contestor who has only been in the running, never at the
top, your idea is not practical.

Or are you saying that only participants who "expect to win" should register?

Either way is not practical or workable or desirable. You would drive out the
casual 'testers like me who participate for our own reasons, not necessarily to
win the big one, but maybe to exceed our own previous score, or build up the
DXCC totals, etc..

You dedicated fellows need our participation, otherwise it would be a mighty
short contest!

Please, let's not make it too complicated, OK?

73 Gary WG7X

.